Dress clothes are unnecessary, but do dress a little nicer than you would for just a tour. Polished shoes are a good choice, but you still want them to be comfortable. If they’re going to pinch as you walk around campus, you may want to go more casual with a nice boat shoe, loafer, or boot.
What should I bring to a college tour?
College Road Trip: What to Pack Before You Visit Campus
- Suitable outfits for your visit. …
- Detergent or spot eraser in case you spill on your outfit.
- Conservative, comfortable shoes in good condition. …
- A small backpack. …
- Plastic zip bags. …
- Something you can use to take notes. …
- Get started now with the College Trip Planner.
What should you not ask on a college tour?
Now, let’s get to the questions themselves.
- “What was your experience like as a first-year?” …
- “What made you want to stay?” …
- “What did the process of choosing your major look like?” …
- “What about your first visit to this campus stood out?” …
- “What’s the surrounding community like?”
Are colleges doing in person tours?
But with the coronavirus pandemic continuing, there are not in-person tours. … Colleges say that students want to visit their campuses and they are filling up the tours (although the capacity limits are lower than pre-COVID-19 tours). To be sure, most college are not restoring tours, concerned about student safety.
Do parents go on college tours?
If you are visiting a campus far from home, it’s ideal to go with a parent. Your parent can go on the the tour and info session with you and then disappear for the rest of your visit. Parents are great at arranging tours and coordinating how many schools you can see during a trip.
What should you not wear in college?
On the list of items students should never wear, were swimsuits, furry shoes (slippers), sunglasses, visible bra straps, leggings as pants, thongs (in conjunction with low-rise jeans) and junderwear (also known as jean shorts).
What should parents wear to college weekends?
Instead of a sweater dress and a scarf, try boyfriend jeans and cute short sleeve top or even a T-shirt dress with sandals and a necklace.
What are good questions to ask a college student?
Questions to Ask Current Students
- Why did you pick to attend this college?
- What was your freshman experience like?
- Do you feel there’s a good support / transition program for freshman students?
- What is your favorite thing about this college? …
- Where is your favorite study place on campus?
- Favorite place to eat?
What are good questions to ask a college?
- What makes this school special?
- What is this school proud of?
- How many undergraduate students attend this school?
- How many graduate students attend?
- How diverse is this campus?
- How financially sound is this school?
- What is this school’s bond rating? …
- What is the average class size of introductory courses?