Student ID cards serve a variety of purposes outside of photo identification, and can provide access to such amenities as borrowing books at the school library, attending school events, receiving discounts at local stores and movie theaters, and much more.
What is a student ID card used for?
Your Student ID card is required for on campus identification. It is also your passport to our Libraries (except Port Macquarie), computer access, discounts at a variety of shops and organisations in and around the campus, and acts as your transport concession (with your Opal card).
What are the benefits of having a student ID?
The perks of having a student ID card.
- Drink specials. There are certain “magical days” that boast discounts for drinks to college students – whether it’s BOGO or half off.
- Free bus rides. …
- Free recreational access. …
- Discounted movie tickets. …
- Cheap game day tickets. …
- Gator Nights.
Can I use my student card as ID?
Basically any official document with your date of birth. Some other accepted forms of ID are your National Union of Students (NUS) card or International Student Identity Card (ISIC). Most bars and clubs require proof of age cards to be PASS certified.
What do you need to get a student ID?
You’ll need the following ready to upload to your online application:
- A document that proves that you are currently studying full time at a recognised school, college or university. Examples below:
- Proof of identity (Govt issued ID or Passport)
- Passport style head and shoulders photo.
What can I get for being a student?
10 Things Most College Students Don’t Know They Can Get For Free
- Amazon Prime. …
- Food. …
- Software. …
- Museum admission. …
- Health center perks. …
- Checking accounts. …
- Professional memberships. …
What counts as a valid student ID?
Valid student ID means that you have registered for courses at an institution, paid your tuition and are currently attending classes. The institution issues a coded student ID card at that point. The card will be on official institution plastic with the logo, like a credit card.
How do you prove you are a student?
How Do I Provide Proof of Student Status?
- Photocopy of your dated student ID (with current date)
- Photocopy of your class registration.
- Photocopy of your class schedule.
- Photocopy of your school bill.
- URL of your institution’s publicly accessible web page or web directory that proves your student status.
Does Amazon do student discount?
Amazon offer students a free 6 month Prime trial discount. The free 6-month trial includes free next day delivery and Prime Video, plus many other benefits.
What do you do if you don’t have a photo ID?
If you have no photo ID, a copy of your original Birth Certificate or National Insurance Card will be accepted provided it is accompanied by a passport sized photo that is countersigned on the back by someone who can confirm your identity. …
What stores offer student discount?
UK student discounts for clothing
- ASOS – 10 percent discount all year round, with occasional 25 percent offers. …
- Boohoo – 10 percent off all year round.
- Burton – 10 percent off all year round.
- French Connection – 10 percent off online and in store.
- New Look – Year-round 10 percent discount using a UNiDAYS code.