What are the first few weeks of college like?
Below are some things that will likely happen, so get ready and get excited.
- Watching Your Parents Drive Away Will Be Hard. …
- The Campus Map Might Look Like A Dizzying Labyrinth. …
- You’ll Quickly Realize You Have To Be A Grown Up. …
- The Word “Syllabus” Will Echo In Your Head. …
- There Will Be All Sorts Of Freshmen Events.
How do I survive my first week of college?
10 Tips for the First Week of College
- Watch your time carefully. …
- Introduce yourself by name to your teachers. …
- When you meet new people, try to learn about them before you talk about yourself. …
- Find quiet places on campus to study. …
- Keep organized by putting your things in the same places.
Is the first week of college important?
Because the first week or so is often a bell-weather for academic performance across the crucial first semester of college, when new students adjust to the rigors and routines of dorm-life, campus, and classroom. … This sounds obvious, but students often trail in after a class has started.
Is it normal to not make friends the first week of college?
Realize that some of your friendships are fleeting.
“It’s important to remember that some friendships may last, and others may not, and that’s totally normal,” says Simmons. “You’re in a new place, and you’re going to get overwhelmed by a very large social community. … It doesn’t mean you’re bad at making friends.”
What should you not do in college?
6 Things NOT To Do In College
- DON’ T Flunk Because You Were Lazy.
- DON’T Make Partying A Priority.
- DON’T Hang Out With Crappy People.
- DON’T Be Careless About Your Health.
- DON’T Be Scared Of A Challenge.
- DON’T Forget to Treat Yourself and Relax.
Should you go home every weekend in college?
It is a good thing. But students who want to come home every weekend may need to reconsider what they are forfeiting by leaving campus. … Your student’s adjustment to college will happen more quickly and they may be more satisfied with their experience in the long run.
What do you expect from college?
In college, you are expected to do most of your learning on your own. For every hour you spend in class, you should plan to spend two hours out of class reading, studying, and completing assignments. The importance of regular class attendance cannot be overemphasized.
What should you not do on the first day of college?
11 Things Not To Do On Your First Day Of College
- Don’t sleep in!
- Make sure to eat breakfast.
- Always have your books!
- Shower early.
- Dress for comfort and class.
- Don’t expect a free day!
- Don’t sit in the far back of the class.
- Pack everything you need for class.
What should I wear on my first day of college?
When deciding how to dress in college, you want to look good without looking like you’re trying too hard. If you show up to your first day with heels or a formal shirt, you’ll be overdoing it. Try to find a happy medium, like jeans and a basic top. You’ll be comfortable and rocking the relaxed college-girl look.
Is it worth going to college?
So, yes, college can be worth it if you can cash flow it! There are a lot of careers where a college education is required or will improve your chances for promotion. When you pursue a college degree, do just that. … Believe it or not—you can pay for college without taking out student loans!