What are 3 questions you should ask when on a college visit?
- What’s it like to be a first-year student here?
- What’s a typical day like?
- How much time do students spend studying per week?
- What do you do when you’re not in class?
- What do you do on the weekends?
- What is the social scene like?
- What kinds of things are there to do in your school’s hometown?
- How’s the food?
What are good questions to ask a college?
- What makes this school special?
- What is this school proud of?
- How many undergraduate students attend this school?
- How many graduate students attend?
- How diverse is this campus?
- How financially sound is this school?
- What is this school’s bond rating? …
- What is the average class size of introductory courses?
What should you not ask on a college tour?
Now, let’s get to the questions themselves.
- “What was your experience like as a first-year?” …
- “What made you want to stay?” …
- “What did the process of choosing your major look like?” …
- “What about your first visit to this campus stood out?” …
- “What’s the surrounding community like?”
What should I look for in a college tour?
Here are some things you should put on your college visit checklist.
- Classrooms. One thing that definitely belongs on your college visit checklist is classrooms. …
- Gym / Rec Center. …
- Dorms. …
- Library. …
- Student Resource Centers. …
- Cafeteria. …
- Off-Campus Housing. …
- Greek Life and Other Organizations.
What questions should you ask college coaches?
Questions to Ask College Coaches on the Phone
- Are you recruiting my position?
- Do you have a timeline for recruiting my position?
- What are you looking for in a player for my position?
- Where do I fit on your list of recruits?
- What are my opportunities for playing time?
What’s a good question to ask?
100 Getting to Know You Questions
- Who is your hero?
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
- What is your biggest fear?
- What is your favorite family vacation?
- What would you change about yourself if you could?
- What really makes you angry?
- What motivates you to work hard?
Is a GPA of 5.0 good?
This GPA is higher than a 4.0, meaning that your school measures GPAs on a weighted scale (class difficulty is taken into account in conjunction with your grades). At most high schools, this means that the highest GPA you can get is a 5.0. A 4.5 GPA indicates that you’re in very good shape for college.
What do college students need the most?
30 “Must Haves” for Surviving College
- An extra set of sheets. One of the college must haves is an extra set of sheets. …
- A fan…or 4. Very rarely will you have temperature control in your dorm. …
- At least one big microwaveable bowl. …
- Noise-canceling headphones. …
- Cleaning Wipes. …
- A Coffeemaker. …
- A big lamp. …
How do I talk to a college admissions officer?
The two best ways to do this are by talking with admissions officers at college fairs (or at your school, if they visit) and by simply calling or emailing the office itself.