International Major Entrance Scholarships (IMES) are awarded to exceptional international students entering undergraduate programs at UBC. Students receive their IMES when they enter their first year at UBC, and the scholarships are renewable for up to three additional years of study.
How many UBC major entrance scholarships are there?
Awarding UBC’s Major Entrance Scholarships is a highly selective process in which the University aims to recognize students with outstanding academic and extracurricular achievements. This year, on UBC’s Okanagan campus, approximately 1,300 eligible applicants were competing for 39 renewable awards.
Does UBC Do entrance scholarships?
UBC will contact the majority of Centennial Scholars Entrance Award recipients by May 15, 2021. Only successful award applicants will be contacted.
How much are UBC entrance scholarships?
If you apply by this date, you will be eligible for UBC’s Presidential Scholars Award (formerly the Major Entrance Scholarship), including a one-time award of approximately $5,000, and renewable awards of up to $80,000 payable over four years.
How many UBC students get scholarships?
UBC offers approximately 50 scholarships each year across all four awards.
How do you get a 100% UBC scholarship?
- Be applying for their first undergraduate degree (it is open to any course)
- Be admissible to the first choice program they are applying to, including meeting UBC’s English Language Admission Standard.
- Have an excellent academic record (at least an “A” average or equivalent standard)
Is UBC hard to get into?
With an acceptance rate of 52.4%, UBC is quite stringent with its acceptance, choosing to only admit students who have in the past demonstrated extraordinary academic abilities and intellectual stamina. … The admissions requirements at UBC are extremely straight-forward.
How do I get a full scholarship to UBC?
- Be new to UBC, entering directly from secondary school or post-secondary (university or college).
- Be an international student studying at UBC on a Canadian study permit (student visa). …
- Demonstrate outstanding academic achievement and strong extracurricular involvement.
How much does it cost to live on UBC campus?
Your residence costs will vary depending on what type of room you live in. A typical cost for a room and meal plan is between $9,000 and $11,000 for the eight-month school year.
How much is UBC Imes scholarship?
The scholarship totals up to $40,000 CAD, payable at up to $10,000 CAD per year for four years. The exact number and level of scholarships varies each year, depending on available funding.
How much SAT score is required for UBC?
Applicants following the American school curriculum must submit a SAT result (composite minimum 1,600) or ACT (minimum ~25) plus writing (minimum 10). Applicants must meet both general and specific program requirements. Because UBC receives many more applications than it can approve, admission is competitive.
What scholarships does UBC offer?
UBC is strongly committed to recognizing students for academic excellence and leadership.
The following awards are available to Canadian students:
- Awards for Indigenous students.
- Beyond Tomorrow Scholars Program.
- Loran Awards.
- Presidential Scholars Awards.
- Schulich Leader Scholarships.
- UBC Centennial Scholars Entrance Awards.
What is UBC known for?
The University of British Columbia is a global centre for teaching, learning and research, consistently ranked among the top 20 public universities in the world. UBC embraces innovation and transforms ideas into action.