With an acceptance rate of 3.2 percent, Brown Medical School is one of the most competitive medical schools in the country. Let’s take a look at the admission statistics for Brown’s most recent MD class: Applications: 5,609. Interviews: 366.
How do I get into Brown Medical School?
- Complete Your AMCAS Application. Take the MCAT! We begin accepting applications in July. …
- Complete Your Secondary Application. You will receive an email with instructions. We do not review incomplete files. …
- Interview. September-February: Every Thursday and most Fridays. …
- Decision. Rolling admission.
Is Brown Medical School rolling admission?
The Warren Alpert Medical School notifies interviewees of committee decisions on a rolling basis. The Warren Alpert Medical School notifies interviewees of committee decisions on a rolling basis. Applicants to the MD-ScM Program are considered for admission to the Regular MD program initially.
Why is Brown Medical School ranked so low?
Brown University does not excel in research compared to peer schools like Columbia, Penn, and Cornell. This is probably the primary reason that Brown is ranked very low. It’s also possible that Brown’s notorious reputation for having an Open Curriculum and grade inflation is hurting them.
What is the #1 medical school in the US?
1. Harvard Medical School (Cambridge, MA)
What is the hardest medical specialty?
Competitive programs that are the most difficult to match into include:
- Cardiac and Thoracic Surgery.
- General Surgery.
- Orthopedic Surgery.
- Plastic Surgery.
Which medical school has the lowest acceptance rate?
10 Med Schools With the Lowest Acceptance Rates
|SCHOOL (NAME) (STATE)||TOTAL APPLICANTS||ACCEPTANCE RATE|
|New York University (Grossman)||9,243||2.2%|
|Stanford University (CA)||6,800||2.3%|
|University of Arizona—Tucson||9,563||2.3%|
|Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine||4,299||2.3%|
What is the easiest medical school to get into?
Easiest Medical Schools to Get Into
- University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences. …
- University of Massachusetts Medical School. …
- University of Missouri Kansas City School of Medicine. …
- University of Nevada Reno School of Medicine. …
- LSU Health Sciences Center Shreveport.
What MCAT score do you need for Brown?
Medical Admission Data Snapshot
|APPLICATION FACTORS||Fall 2012||Fall 2017|
|Admission Rate — National||45%||43.4%|
|MCAT — Average Composite Score for Admitted Brown Applicants||34||35/515|
|MCAT — Average Composite Score for Admitted Applicants Nationally||31||31/511|
|BCPM (Science) GPA — Average for Admitted Brown Applicants||3.67||3.69|
Does Brown University have a med school?
Brown’s Program in Liberal Medical Education (PLME) combines undergraduate education and professional studies in medicine in a single eight-year program. The PLME is the only combined baccalaureate-MD program in the Ivy League, and a major route of admission to the Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University.